There are developers that are transparent by providing Dev Diaries of the different steps in the development of a game, and asking for our input. Just the fact that you can see what is being developed and confident of the content your buying is reassuring in today's environment.

E3 2018 is but a few months away, what will BioWare present to us at this event? We undoubtedly will be shown an in-game demo/vertical slice to be dazzled by it and ready to buy a game without any knowledge of what is actually in it. We have little to no knowledge of the combat system, weapons variety, customization, crafting ability, quests, hubs, interactions with NPCs, storyline and the list can go on. We have been given NO information about the game other than E3 2017, oh I'm mistaken the delay of the game was new. Not unexpected! What should we expect to dampen down our fears about BioWare and more importantly EA. Transparency.

What I would like you to do is watch the dev video about this new game in development “The Sinking City” (below). Not that the game doesn't sound interesting, but listen to what they are presenting and informing us about the game and process. I have posted two other examples of games being developed “New game in development” and “Beyond Good and Evil 2” in “Gaming Discussion”. I would encourage you to view them and listen to the transparency of the game by the developer and what is in it. What you can expect prior to purchasing the game. Ninja Theory did Dev diaries about Hellblade, what we saw was a process that was transparent and that our input was important. Eventually this was translated into a successful game. Why shouldn't we expect this from BioWare, a Dev update of how the game is progressing and our participation or feedback which can help in Anthem’s development. Why are we buying a game on a cinematic trailer. This may be to late but if BioWare had started dev diaries and an opportunity for our input. Consider what information we would already know about the game and the reason of the delay. This could have added confidence in what you see is what you get. A trust factor in BioWare, something needed.

What do you think about a Dev diary by BioWare on Anthem, and feedback from us on the development. Helpful, important or not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2YL9L-OZg4